Our dedicated volunteers do everything from folding and stuffing envelopes, to helping with events, to serving on our Board of Directors. Volunteer opportunities are available for every age, interest and skill level:
Events and Fundraisers
Help us plan and/or execute one of our annual events:
- Help us work to reduce asthma severity in our community as a member of the Asthma Collaborative
- Advocate for policies that protect the health of our communities as a member of our Policy Committee
- Share your health and air quality expertise by joining our Health Effects Task Force
Tobacco Prevention and Cessation
- Help people quit smoking with peer to peer cessation
- Review movies for tobacco content and help counter it’s negative effects by participating in our Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! Project
- Become a member of our Youth Advisory Board
- See movies for free and help counter the glamorization of tobacco in film by participating in our Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! Project
- Conduct the A.I.R. Project on your school campus
- Become an advocate for clean air and tobacco control
- Be a media spokesperson for our organization
- Help develop new policy by joining our Policy Committee
- Testify at public hearings
- Help us around the office by assisting with mailings, counting donations, writing letters, etc.
- Business Networking - Spend a day at a corporation, service club or community event to promote clean air and healthy lungs
- Represent Breathe California at health fairs in the community
We offer a number of unpaid internships year-round. Interns should have completed their first year of studies at a college or university. A basic understanding of environmental and health issues is a plus. Interns may receive a small stipend at the end of their internship, unless they are receiving academic credit. We ask that interns work a minimum of 10 hours a week and they normally last 3 to 6 months, based on availability.
Click here to download our Intern Application.
Become a Volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering with Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails, please download and fill out our Volunteer and Intern Application.
For questions or more information about becoming a volunteer, contact Raquel Lopez at (916) 444-5900 ext. 208 or email@example.com.