Seeking Students Inspired by Clean Air!
Breathe California is NOW ACCEPTING entries for the 2014 High School Clean Air Art Contest!
2014 CONTEST THEME: CLEAN AIR
This year, Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails has partnered with Crocker Art Museum to host the 7th Annual Juried High School "Clean Air" Art Contest for students in grades 9-12. All winning artwork will be displayed at the 2014 Clean Air Awards Luncheon, where the artists will be publicly recognized for their achievements. The winning artwork will also be displayed on BREATHE's website and at local businesses.
Due to space constraints all artwork must be submitted digitally. Only finalists will be asked to submit original pieces. Entries will be judged by Dan Herrera, Adjunct Professor, Art Institute of California of Sacramento.
ENTRIES WILL BE DIVIDED INTO FOUR CATERGORIES:
Photography and Video: Photography must be ready to hang with an overall size of not to exceed 11”X14”. Photo entries may not include borrowed, copied or shared images. Video entries must be in DVD format and not more than 3 minutes in length.
2-D Fine Arts: All media accepted. Entries must be able to hang on a flat surface and arrive hanging-ready.
3-D Ceramics, Glass and Sculpture: Reused/recycled materials are encouraged. Entries may not be more than 16” inches high, 16” wide or weigh more than 10 lbs.
Graphic Design: Entries must be no larger than 8 ½ “X 11”.
The 1st Place Winner in each category will receive a $100 Cash Prize. All 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners in each category will be eligible for the "People's Choice Award" chosen via popular vote online. The People's Choice Award winner will also win a $100 Cash Prize.
Each prize winner will be invited to attend the Clean Air Awards Luncheon on May 28, 2014 as guests of Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails. Students will be recognized at the event and meet the judge following the luncheon.
- Submission to include entry form (attached) and digital images of artwork only.
Do not submit actual artwork unless requested to do so.
- Open to all students in the 9 - 12th grades. Public, private, charter and home school students accepted.
- One art submission per Artist.
- All images must be in JPEG format (.jpeg) and 1024 pixels (14.222 inches) on the longest side, at 72 dpi.
- JPEG images must be named with last name followed by first name (ex: Smith, John).
- There is NO ENTRY FEE to have your work considered for the art contest.
- No Minimum Size
- Subject matter must be suitable for family audiences, i.e. no nudity, graphic horror, slanderous words or reference to illegal drugs. Artwork must not be used for the purposes of advertisement, marketing, political action, or presentation of content not appropriate for a family audience.
- Digital art work must be received by 4:30 pm on April 4, 2014
All entries must be original pieces of work. The artwork does not need to be completed in a school classroom. Breathe California reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason. Students of all abilities are encouraged to participate. For more information, please contact Raquel Lopez by phone at 916-444-5900 ext. 208 or via email at email@example.com
Ready to participate in this year's contest?
Click here to download a 2014 Art Contest Entry Form