The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a fun and unique program led by youth (ages 14-21) that participate in clean air, lung health and tobacco prevention projects. We need talented youth volunteers like YOU to continue our efforts in education, policy, advocacy, and research.
Did you know that the Sacramento Region is one of the most polluted metropolitan areas in the nation, that asthma is one of the leading causes of school absences and lost workdays, or that 15-24 year olds have the highest smoking rate among all age groups? With your help, we can identify ways and take action to improve the quality of our air, help people better control their asthma, and keep tobacco out of the hands of young people.
- Speak on behalf of Breathe California of Sacramento-Emigrant Trails’ programs to the media and at events
- Build new partnerships between Breathe California and your school and community
- Creatively fundraise
- Advocate for clean air and lung health policy
- Strengthen leadership skills and utilize these skills in planning meetings and events
- Work with the Breathe California Board of Directors and staff on issues that impact our mission and vision of clean air, healthy lungs and a tobacco-free future
- Make our community a healthier place to live
- Make the world a healthier place
- Create awareness and become a clean air and lung health advocate
- Gain skills in leadership, research, planning, organizing, team work and social responsibility
Applications are accepted each year in the spring. If you are interested in joining the 2014-15 Youth Advisory Board, please check back for applications in February.
Contact Natalie Lanning at (916) 444-5900 ext. 213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.